If you’re a Marvel fan, you might be wondering whether any of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) are suitable for younger audiences. With all the action, violence, and intense themes, it’s natural to have concerns about what’s appropriate for kids.
Fortunately, there are several Marvel movies that have been rated PG or PG-13, which means they can be enjoyed by viewers of all ages with parental guidance. Let’s take a closer look at some of these films.
Marvel Movies Rated PG
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: This movie is rated PG for some sci-fi action violence. While it does feature some intense action scenes, they are mostly played for laughs, making this a great choice for families with young children.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Although not part of the MCU, this animated film is rated PG for frenetic sequences of animated action violence and has been widely praised as one of the best superhero movies in recent years. It’s perfect for kids who love Spider-Man or animation in general.
Marvel Movies Rated PG-13
- The Avengers: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, this movie features many of our favorite superheroes teaming up to save the world from an alien invasion. While there is plenty of fighting and destruction on display here, it’s all done in a way that’s thrilling rather than scary.
- Captain America: The First Avenger: This movie is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action.
It tells the origin story of Captain America during World War II and is a great choice for parents who want to teach their kids about history while also enjoying a superhero movie together.
- Iron Man: Although the first Iron Man movie is rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, it’s relatively tame compared to some of the other films in the MCU. The focus is more on Tony Stark’s journey from playboy billionaire to superhero than on over-the-top action scenes.
While many of the Marvel movies are rated PG-13 or R, there are still plenty of options for families with young children. From Ant-Man and The Wasp to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, there are several films that offer exciting superhero action without being too intense or scary.
And even some of the more intense movies like The Avengers and Captain America: The First Avenger can be enjoyed by viewers of all ages with parental guidance. So pop some popcorn, gather your family together, and enjoy watching your favorite Marvel heroes save the day!