Marvel is a giant in the entertainment industry, known for its blockbuster movies and TV shows. But what about animated movies?
Does Marvel produce animated films as well? Let’s take a closer look.
Marvel Animated Movies
Yes, Marvel does produce animated movies. In fact, they have been making animated films for several decades. One of the earliest examples is the 1966 film “The Marvel Super Heroes,” which featured various superheroes from the comic book publisher.
Recent Marvel Animated Movies
In recent years, Marvel has continued to produce animated movies. Some of their most popular films include:
- Big Hero 6: While not strictly a “Marvel” movie (it was produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios), this 2014 film was based on a Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: This critically acclaimed 2018 film introduced audiences to several versions of Spider-Man from different dimensions.
- MARVEL RISING: This series of animated films and shorts focuses on younger heroes like Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl.
The Future of Marvel Animated Movies
Marvel shows no signs of slowing down when it comes to producing animated content. In addition to ongoing series like “MARVEL RISING,” the studio has several new projects in development, including:
- What If..? This upcoming Disney+ series will explore alternate realities in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- I Am Groot: A new series featuring everyone’s favorite talking tree from Guardians of the Galaxy.
So there you have it – Marvel definitely produces animated movies. From classic ’60s cartoons to modern hits like “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,” the studio has a long history of bringing its superhero characters to life in animated form. And with several new projects on the horizon, it looks like Marvel’s animated future is bright.