Are you interested in creating your own comic strips? If so, you’ll need a comic strip box to help you organize your ideas and design your panels. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to create your very own comic strip box.
Before we begin, let’s gather the supplies you’ll need:
- Cardboard box (size depends on how big you want your comic strip box to be)
- Scissors or a craft knife
- Tape or glue
Measuring and Cutting the Box
Once you have all of your supplies, it’s time to measure and cut the cardboard box. Follow these steps:
- Measure the length and width of the cardboard box.
- Using a ruler and pencil, mark where you want to cut your comic strip box.
- Note: You can make as many panels as you’d like. We suggest starting with three or four panels in order to keep it simple. You can always add more later!
Tip: Make sure all of the lines are straight and even so that your panels will be symmetrical.
Cutting Out the Panels
Now that you have marked where you want to cut your panels, it’s time to actually cut them out. Follow these steps:
- Using scissors or a craft knife, carefully cut along the lines you marked.
- Once you’ve cut out all of the panels, fold the box inwards along each panel line.
- Note: Make sure to fold the panels inward so that they create a “box” shape.
Decorating Your Comic Strip Box
Congratulations! You now have your very own comic strip box.
But why stop there? Let’s add some personality to it.
- You can decorate your box with markers, colored pencils, stickers, or anything else you’d like.
- You can also add labels to each panel so that you can easily keep track of your story ideas and designs.
Creating your own comic strip box is a fun and easy way to organize your ideas and bring your stories to life. Follow these steps and soon enough you’ll be creating amazing comics in no time!