If you’re a fan of Batman the Animated Series, then you’re probably familiar with Joker, one of the most iconic villains in the DC universe. Joker is known for his maniacal laughter, twisted sense of humor, and his constant battles with Batman himself.
But just how many episodes does Joker appear in? Let’s take a closer look.
Who is Joker?
Before we dive into the number of episodes Joker appears in, let’s briefly discuss who he is. The Joker is a supervillain created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson and first appeared in Batman #1 in 1940.
He’s known for his clown-like appearance and unpredictable behavior. Over the years, he’s become one of Batman’s most notorious foes.
Joker in Batman the Animated Series
Now, let’s get to our main question – how many episodes does Joker appear in? In total, Joker appears in 22 episodes of Batman the Animated Series. That’s right – out of the 85 total episodes produced over four seasons, The Clown Prince of Crime only shows up for a little over a quarter of them.
Out of those 22 appearances though, there are several episodes that focus primarily on the character himself. These include:
- “The Laughing Fish” – Season 2 Episode 4
- “Joker’s Favor” – Season 1 Episode 22
- “The Man Who Killed Batman” – Season 2 Episode 6
- “Harley and Ivy” – Season 1 Episode 56 (technically not a Joker-centric episode but Harley Quinn makes her debut here)
Other Notable Appearances
Joker also makes memorable appearances in several other episodes throughout the series, including:
- “Christmas with the Joker” – Season 1 Episode 2
- “Almost Got ‘Im” – Season 1 Episode 46
- “Trial” – Season 2 Episode 11
- “Mad Love” – Season 3 Episode 21 (another Harley Quinn episode but Joker plays a major role)
So there you have it – Joker appears in a total of 22 episodes in Batman the Animated Series. While he doesn’t show up in every episode, his appearances are always memorable and worth watching. Whether you’re a longtime fan or just getting into the series, be sure to keep an eye out for the Clown Prince of Crime.