If you’re a fan of Batman: The Animated Series, then you know that the Joker is one of the most iconic villains in the Batman universe. Created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson, the Joker has been a thorn in Batman’s side since 1940.
But just how many episodes of Batman: The Animated Series is the Joker in? Let’s take a deep dive into the world of the Caped Crusader and find out.
First off, it’s important to note that Batman: The Animated Series aired from 1992 to 1995 and consisted of four seasons with a total of 85 episodes. Out of those 85 episodes, the Joker appears in 22 of them. That means that he’s in roughly 26% of the entire series – not too shabby for a villain!
But which episodes specifically feature the Joker? Well, here’s a handy list:
- “The Last Laugh” – This episode marks the first appearance of the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series.
- “Christmas with the Joker” – In this holiday-themed episode, the Joker escapes from Arkham Asylum on Christmas Eve and wreaks havoc on Gotham City.
- “Joker’s Favor” – In this episode, we meet Charlie Collins who owes the Joker a favor. When he runs into him years later, he calls in that favor and asks him to scare his former boss.
- “Joker’s Wild” – After getting kicked out of a casino owned by Rupert Thorne, the Joker seeks revenge by rigging it with explosives.
- “Harlequinade” – Harley Quinn kidnaps Commissioner Gordon and demands that Batman help her rescue her puddin’. Chaos ensues.
- “Make ‘Em Laugh” – The Joker steals a laugh-inducing microchip and plans to use it to commit crimes while everyone is too busy laughing to stop him.
- “The Laughing Fish” – In this episode, the Joker contaminates Gotham’s fish supply with his deadly toxin in an attempt to trademark them with his face.
- “Almost Got ‘Im” – In one of the most memorable episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, the Joker joins a group of villains for a game of poker where they share stories about how they almost took down Batman.
- “Joker’s Millions” – After a long-lost relative leaves him a fortune, the Joker becomes a millionaire. But things aren’t as they seem..
- “Beware the Creeper” – The Creeper, a new superhero in Gotham City, tries to take down the Joker who has kidnapped TV reporter Jack Ryder.
The New Batman Adventures
- “Joker’s Millions” (revisited) – The Joker is back and looking for revenge after being humiliated by Batman and Harley Quinn.
- “Legends of the Dark Knight” – In this episode, three kids tell their own versions of what they think Batman is like. One kid’s story involves the Joker.
- “Over the Edge” – After Commissioner Gordon’s daughter is killed while trying to stop Batman, he goes on a rampage and sets his sights on capturing the Joker once and for all.
- “Injustice For All” (parts one and two) – The Joker joins forces with other villains like Lex Luthor and Cheetah to take down the Justice League.
As you can see, the Joker has had quite a few appearances in Batman: The Animated Series and its spin-offs. From causing chaos on Christmas to attempting to trademark fish with his face, the Joker always keeps things interesting.
In conclusion, the Joker appears in 22 out of 85 episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, making him a significant presence throughout the show’s run. Whether you love him or hate him, there’s no denying that he’s one of the most memorable villains in all of comic book history.