If you’re a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), then you’re probably wondering just how many Marvel movies there are currently. Well, wonder no more! We’ve got the answer for you right here.
First, let’s define what we mean by “Marvel movies.” For the purposes of this article, we’re talking specifically about films produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. This includes all movies in the MCU as well as some standalone films like Venom and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
So, without further ado, here’s a list of all the Marvel movies released to date:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Note: While not an Avengers movie per se, this film introduced important characters and themes that contributed to later MCU films.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Note: This film marked a significant step forward in representation for Marvel movies.
- The Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Note: The fourth-highest-grossing movie of all time, this film set up the events for the next installment in the MCU.
- Captain Marvel (2019): Starring Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, this movie will be set in the ’90s and serve as a prequel to many other MCU films.
- The Avengers: Endgame (2019): The highly anticipated sequel to Infinity War, this movie will see the surviving Avengers teaming up to defeat Thanos and restore order to the universe.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019): Set after the events of Endgame, this movie follows Peter Parker as he goes on a school trip to Europe and battles new villains.
- Black Widow (TBD): A standalone movie focused on the character of Natasha Romanoff, played by Scarlett Johansson.
The future looks bright for Marvel fans, as there are several movies currently in production or scheduled for release. Here are some upcoming films to look out for:
So there you have it – all of the Marvel movies released so far, plus a glimpse into what’s to come. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just someone looking for some fun superhero action, there’s no shortage of great films to enjoy in the MCU.