Have you ever wondered how many Marvel movies there are in Phases 1-3? Well, wonder no more! In this article, we’ll take a look at the number of movies that make up each phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Phase 1 of the MCU includes the first six films that were released between 2008 and 2012. These films introduced us to some of our favorite superheroes and set the stage for what was to come.
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
Total Movies in Phase 1: 6
Phase 2 of the MCU consists of six films that were released between 2013 and 2015. These films continued to develop the characters we had grown to love and expanded the universe even further.
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Note: Guardians of the Galaxy is not a sequel to any previous Marvel film and is considered a standalone film.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
Total Movies in Phase 2: 6
Phase 3 of the MCU is the most extensive phase yet, consisting of eleven films that were released between 2016 and 2019. This phase saw the introduction of new characters such as Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel, and the culmination of the Infinity Saga with Avengers: Endgame.
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Note: Although this film features Captain America in the title, it is more like an Avengers film as it includes most of the Avengers team.
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Note: The events of this film lead directly into Avengers: Endgame.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Note: This film serves as the conclusion of the Infinity Saga and wraps up many of the stories that had been introduced in previous Marvel films.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
Total Movies in Phase 3: 11
In conclusion, if you add up all the movies in Phases 1-3, you get a total of 23 films. That’s a lot of superhero action to enjoy! Whether you’re a die-hard Marvel fan or just enjoy a good action movie, there’s something for everyone in the MCU.