How Many Marvel Movies Has Been Released?
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is a franchise of superhero films, television series, and comic books produced by Marvel Studios. Since the release of its first movie Iron Man in 2008, MCU has become a global phenomenon.
Fans eagerly wait for each new installment of the franchise. But have you ever wondered how many Marvel movies have been released so far? Let’s find out!
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is divided into three phases:
- Phase One (2008–2012): This phase began with Iron Man, released in 2008, and concluded with The Avengers, released in 2012.
- Phase Two (2013–2015): This phase started with Iron Man 3, released in 2013, and ended with Ant-Man, released in 2015.
- Phase Three (2016–2019): This phase started with Captain America: Civil War, released in 2016, and ended with Spider-Man: Far From Home, released in 2019.
Total Number of Movies Released So Far
The total number of movies that have been released under the Marvel Cinematic Universe umbrella is:
This includes all the movies from Phase One to Phase Three along with some other standalone films like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) and Venom (2018). The list of all the 23 movies is:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
If you haven’t watched all these movies yet, then what are you waiting for? Grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
So, this was a brief overview of how many Marvel movies have been released so far. Keep an eye out for new releases, as we can expect more superhero action from Marvel Studios in the future.