If you’re a Marvel fan, you’re probably wondering just how many Marvel movies are out there. Well, the answer might surprise you. As of 2021, there are a total of 24 Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movies that have been released.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
The MCU is a series of interconnected superhero films produced by Marvel Studios, based on characters from Marvel Comics. The first film in the MCU was “Iron Man,” which was released in 2008, and since then, the franchise has grown to become one of the most popular movie franchises in history.
The List of Marvel Movies
Here’s a list of all the MCU movies released so far:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron(2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Avengers: Endgame(2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
The Future of Marvel Movies
So, what’s next for the MCU? Marvel Studios has already announced several upcoming movies, including “Black Widow,” “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” “Eternals,” and “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” Additionally, several Disney+ series, such as “WandaVision” and “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier,” are set in the MCU.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, there are currently 24 MCU movies that have been released, with more on the way. Whether you’re a die-hard Marvel fan or a casual moviegoer, there’s no denying the impact that these films have had on pop culture.