Marvel Cinematic Universe has been a massive success since its inception in 2008 with the release of Iron Man. The franchise has come a long way, and now we are eagerly waiting for Phase 4 to begin. But before that, let’s take a look at Marvel Phase 2 movies.
Marvel’s Phase 2 movies started with Iron Man 3 in 2013 and ended with Ant-Man in 2015. There are six movies in total in this phase, and all of them were big hits at the box office.
Marvel Phase 2 Movies:
- Iron Man 3 (2013): Directed by Shane Black, this movie features Tony Stark battling his inner demons while fighting against a new enemy called Mandarin.
- Thor: The Dark World (2013): Directed by Alan Taylor, this movie sees Thor teaming up with his treacherous brother Loki to save Asgard from Malekith the Accursed.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014): Directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo, this movie features Steve Rogers battling against his old friend Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier while trying to uncover a conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Directed by James Gunn, this movie introduces us to a new group of heroes who team up to save the galaxy from Ronan the Accuser.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): Directed by Joss Whedon, this movie sees our beloved Avengers fighting against their deadliest enemy yet – Ultron.
- Ant-Man (2015): Directed by Peyton Reed, this movie features Scott Lang taking up the mantle of Ant-Man under the guidance of Hank Pym to stop Darren Cross from using Pym’s technology for evil purposes.
Marvel Phase 2 movies were a massive success and set the stage for the future of the MCU. Each movie was unique in its own way and added something new to the already vast universe. With Phase 4 about to begin, we can’t wait to see what Marvel has in store for us.