Are you a fan of Marvel movies? Do you want to know how many movies are there in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will go over all the MCU movies released so far.
What is Marvel Cinematic Universe?
Before we dive into the number of movies, let’s first understand what is Marvel Cinematic Universe. The MCU is a shared universe of superhero movies and TV shows produced by Marvel Studios. It all began in 2008 with the release of Iron Man and has since expanded to include more than 20 films and multiple TV shows.
How Many Movies Are There In The Marvel Cinematic Universe?
As of 2021, there are a total of 23 movies in the MCU. Here’s a list of all the films in chronological order:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel(2019)
- The Avengers: Endgame(2019) (This movie is currently the highest-grossing film of all time.)
The Future of MCU Movies:
The MCU is not stopping anytime soon. Several upcoming movies are already announced, including Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, and The Eternals.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been one of the most successful movie franchises in history. With a total of 23 movies already released and several more in the pipeline, it’s clear that the MCU is here to stay. So, whether you’re a die-hard Marvel fan or just someone who enjoys good movies, there’s plenty to look forward to in the coming years.