The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has become a cultural phenomenon, with its movies dominating the box office for over a decade. The franchise has introduced us to some of the most iconic superheroes like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Avengers.
With each new release, the excitement and anticipation among fans have only grown stronger. But just how much money have these movies made all together? Let’s dive into the numbers.
The Box Office Numbers
The MCU movies have been a massive success at the box office, grossing over $22.5 billion worldwide as of August 2021. This staggering figure includes all 26 films released under the MCU banner till now.
Here is a breakdown of each phase of the MCU and its corresponding box office earnings:
Phase One (2008-2012)
- Iron Man (2008): $585 million
- The Incredible Hulk (2008): $263 million
- Iron Man 2 (2010): $623 million
- Thor (2011): $449 million
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011): $370 million
- The Avengers (2012): $1.5 billion
- Iron Man 3 (2013): $1.2 billion
- Thor: The Dark World (2013): $644 million
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014): $714 million
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): $773 million
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): $1.4 billion
- Captain America: Civil War (2016): $1.1 billion
- Doctor Strange (2016): $677 million
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017): $863 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017): $880 million
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017): $854 million
- Black Panther (2018):$1.3 billion
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018):$2.048 billion
- Ant-Man and the Wasp(2018): $622 million
- Captain Marvel(2019): $1.128 billion
- The Avengers: Endgame(2019): $2.798 billion
Phase Two (2013-2015)
Phase Three (2016-2019)
The Future of MCU Movies and Box Office Earnings
The MCU has come a long way since its inception in 2008, and it’s not showing any signs of slowing down. With upcoming movies like “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” “Eternals,” “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” and “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” fans have a lot to look forward to.
As for box office earnings, it’s safe to say that the MCU movies will continue to break records and make billions of dollars. The franchise has a loyal fan base that eagerly awaits each new release, and with Marvel’s commitment to quality storytelling and epic action sequences, it’s no surprise that they’re able to consistently deliver blockbuster hits.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has become a cultural phenomenon, and its movies have grossed over $22. With each new release, the excitement and anticipation among fans have only grown stronger. The franchise shows no sign of slowing down, and with upcoming movies like “Eternals,” “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” and “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” fans have a lot to look forward to in the years ahead.