The Joker and Batman are two of the most iconic comic book characters of all time. Both have been around for decades, but how old are they really? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the ages of the Joker and Batman.
The Age of the Joker
The Joker is one of the most enigmatic villains in comic book history. His origins have been retold and revised over the years, making it difficult to pin down his exact age. However, there are a few things we do know about his age:
- The Joker was created in 1940 by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson.
- His first appearance was in Batman #1, which was released on April 25th, 1940.
- The Joker’s age has been hinted at in various comics over the years. For example, in “Batman: The Killing Joke,” it’s suggested that he may be middle-aged.
Based on these facts, it’s safe to say that the Joker is at least 80 years old as of 2020. However, given his mysterious origins and supernatural abilities (depending on which version you’re reading), it’s possible that he could be much older.
The Age of Batman
Unlike the Joker, Batman’s age is a bit easier to determine. Here are a few key facts:
- Batman was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger in 1939.
- His first appearance was in Detective Comics #27, which was released in May of 1939.
- In most versions of the story, Batman is depicted as being around 30 years old when he first dons the cape and cowl.
Based on these facts, we can estimate that Batman is around 80 years old as of 2020. Of course, this is assuming that he ages like a regular human being, which may not be the case depending on which version of the story you’re reading.
The Joker and Batman are two of the most enduring characters in comic book history. While their exact ages may be difficult to determine, we can estimate that they’re both around 80 years old as of 2020. Regardless of their ages, one thing is for certain: these two will continue to captivate readers and audiences for many years to come.