Are you a Marvel fan? If yes, then you probably know that Marvel movies are not just standalone films but also interconnected stories that culminate in epic crossover events.
With over 20 movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and more to come, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the question of how to watch them in the “correct” order. In this article, we’ll explore different ways to watch the Marvel movies and try to answer this question once and for all.
The most straightforward way to watch the Marvel movies is in release order. This means starting with “Iron Man” (2008), followed by “The Incredible Hulk” (2008), “Iron Man 2” (2010), “Thor” (2011), “Captain America: The First Avenger” (2011), and so on. This is how the movies were originally released by Marvel Studios and it’s a good way to experience the evolution of the MCU over time.
- It’s easy to follow as you don’t have to worry about any timeline confusion.
- You can witness how each movie builds up the larger narrative of the MCU.
- You might have to wait a long time before getting to your favorite character’s movie.
- You might miss some important details if you’re not paying close attention or haven’t watched a previous movie recently.
Another way to watch the Marvel movies is in chronological order, which means following the events of the MCU timeline. This means starting with “Captain America: The First Avenger,” which takes place during World War II, followed by “Captain Marvel” (1995), “Iron Man” (2008), and so on. This viewing order can be tricky as some movies take place during the same time frame and others have flashbacks or flash-forwards.
- You can experience the MCU timeline in a more coherent way.
- You can see how events in one movie affect another movie’s storyline.
- You might miss out on some of the suspense and surprises that come with watching the movies in release order.
- The timeline can get confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the MCU’s intricate plotlines.
A third way to watch the Marvel movies is by following a thematic order, where you group movies based on their common themes or storylines. For example, you could watch all the Iron Man movies together, followed by all the Captain America movies, and so on.
- You can focus on your favorite characters or storylines without having to wait for them to appear in other movies.
- You can appreciate each movie’s unique style and tone without being distracted by other movies’ plots or characters.
- You might miss out on some of the connections between different characters or plotlines if you’re not watching them in release or chronological order.
- The thematic order might not work for everyone as it depends on personal preferences and interests.
So, is there a correct way to watch the Marvel movies? The answer is no. There are multiple ways to enjoy these movies, and it all depends on your personal preferences and interests.
If you’re a fan of a particular character, you might want to start with their movie first. If you want to experience the evolution of the MCU over time, then release order might be the way to go. Or if you’re interested in seeing how events in one movie affect another movie’s storyline, then chronological order might be more appealing.
Whatever viewing order you choose, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. The Marvel movies are meant to be enjoyed regardless of how you watch them. Excelsior!