If you’re a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you know that there are a lot of movies to keep track of. With over 23 movies in the franchise and more on the way, it can be hard to remember which movie came first or what order they should be watched in. In this article, we’ll break down all 24 Marvel movies in order.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe
Before we dive into the movies themselves, let’s talk about what the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is. The MCU is a shared universe that all of these movies take place in.
This means that characters from one movie can appear in another and events from one movie can have an impact on another. It’s a complex and interconnected world that has been built over the course of many years and movies.
The first phase of the MCU includes six films, starting with Iron Man in 2008 and ending with The Avengers in 2012. Here are all six films in order:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
The second phase of the MCU includes six films as well, starting with Iron Man 3 in 2013 and ending with Ant-Man in 2015. Here are all six films in order:
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
The third phase of the MCU includes ten films, starting with Captain America: Civil War in 2016 and ending with Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019. Here are all ten films in order:
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther(2018)
- The Avengers: Infinity War (Part 1 – 2018)
- The Avengers: Endgame (Part 2 – 2019)
- Captain Marvel (set in the ’90s but released after Infinity War, also features a post-credits scene that connects to Endgame – ) (2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
Phase Four and Beyond
The MCU is far from over. There are already several movies planned for phase four and beyond, including Black Widow, The Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
As you can see, there are a lot of Marvel movies to keep track of. But now that you know what order they go in, you can marathon them all in order or pick and choose your favorites. Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the ride as the MCU continues to expand and grow.