Are you a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Do you often find yourself wondering in what order you should watch the Marvel movies?
Look no further! In this article, we will explore the chronological way to watch the Marvel movies, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the epic storytelling and interconnected world that Marvel has created.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe
The Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU for short, is a vast franchise that consists of numerous superhero films produced by Marvel Studios. These films are interconnected and share a cohesive storyline that spans across multiple phases and characters. Watching these movies in the right order can enhance your viewing experience and help you understand the intricate plotlines and character arcs.
The Chronological Order
While most of the Marvel movies were released out of chronological order, it is possible to watch them in a way that aligns with their internal timeline. Here is the recommended chronological order:
Phase One: The Avengers Initiative
- “Captain America: The First Avenger” (1942 – 1945)
- “Captain Marvel” (1995)
- “Iron Man” (2010)
- “Iron Man 2” (2011)
- “The Incredible Hulk” (2011)
- “Thor” (2011)
- “The Avengers” (2012)
Phase Two: The Age of Ultron
- “Iron Man 3” (2012)
- “Thor: The Dark World” (2013)
- “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” (2014)
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” (2014)
- “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” (2014)
- “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (2015)
- “Ant-Man” (2015)
Phase Three: The Infinity Saga
- “Captain America: Civil War” (2016)
- “Black Widow” (2016 – After “Captain America: Civil War”)
- “Black Panther” (2016 – After “Captain America: Civil War”)
- “Spider-Man: Homecoming” (2016 – After “Captain America: Civil War”)
- “Doctor Strange” (2016 – After “Captain America: Civil War”)
- “Thor: Ragnarok” (2017)
- “Ant-Man and The Wasp” (2017 – Before “Avengers: Infinity War”)
- Note: From this point forward, it is important to watch the movies in release order rather than chronological order for optimal viewing experience.
The Final Chapter
The final chapter of the MCU, known as Phase Four, is still unfolding. As new movies and TV shows are released, they will add to the ever-expanding universe. To stay up to date, make sure to watch the new releases in the order they come out.
Watching the Marvel movies in chronological order can be a thrilling and immersive experience. By following this recommended order, you can fully appreciate the intricate storytelling and character development that Marvel has meticulously crafted over the years. So grab your popcorn, get comfortable, and prepare for an epic journey through the Marvel Cinematic Universe!