If you’re a Marvel fan, you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is vast and complex. With over 20 movies released so far, it can be challenging to figure out the correct order to watch them in. In this article, we’ll walk you through the correct chronological order of the Marvel movies.
Chronological Order of the Marvel Movies
If you want to watch the Marvel movies in chronological order, you need to follow this list:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
- Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
- Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
- Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
- The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
- Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
- The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime between Avengers and Ultron)
The Importance of Watching in Chronological Order
Watching MCU movies in sequential order is essential to understanding how each movie connects to the other. It also helps you to appreciate the storyline and character development better.
You can watch these movies in any order you like, but viewing them in chronological order will give you a better understanding of how each movie fits into the larger story arc. For example, watching Captain America: The First Avenger before The Avengers gives you a better understanding of Steve Rogers’ backstory and his connection to the Tesseract.
Watching Marvel movies in chronological order can be a fun and rewarding experience. You get to see how each movie connects to the others and how characters develop over time. So, start your Marvel movie marathon today by following this list and enjoy the ride!