If you’re a big fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU for short, then you may have heard about the Marvel Box Set. This limited edition set includes all 23 movies from the first three phases of the MCU, as well as a host of special features and exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.
But just what movies are included in this massive collection? Let’s take a closer look.
The First Phase
The Marvel Box Set kicks off with Phase One of the MCU, which includes six movies that introduced us to some of our favorite heroes and villains. Here’s what you can expect to find in this part of the collection:
- Iron Man (2008) – The movie that started it all, Iron Man introduced us to billionaire industrialist Tony Stark and his alter-ego as a high-tech superhero.
- The Incredible Hulk (2008) – Though not as well-received as some of the other movies in the series, The Incredible Hulk still has its fans and is an important part of the overall continuity.
- Iron Man 2 (2010) – Tony Stark returns for more high-flying action in this sequel, which also introduces us to Black Widow and War Machine.
- Thor (2011) – The Norse god of thunder comes to Earth in this epic adventure that also sets up some key elements for later movies.
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) – Steve Rogers becomes Captain America in this World War II-era origin story that sets up his role as a leader in later movies.
- The Avengers (2012) – All of our heroes come together for the first time to face off against the villainous Loki in this epic crossover event.
The Second Phase
Phase Two of the MCU includes another six movies that build on the events of the first phase and introduce us to even more heroes and villains. Here’s what you can expect to find in this part of the collection:
- Iron Man 3 (2013) – Tony Stark deals with the aftermath of The Avengers and faces off against a new threat known as The Mandarin.
- Thor: The Dark World (2013) – Thor returns to Asgard to face off against a powerful new enemy known as Malekith.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) – Steve Rogers teams up with Black Widow and new ally Falcon to take down a dangerous conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – A ragtag group of misfits including Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot team up to save the galaxy from Ronan the Accuser.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) – The Avengers face off against Ultron, a rogue AI created by Tony Stark that threatens to destroy humanity.
- Ant-Man (2015) – Scott Lang becomes Ant-Man in this heist movie that also introduces us to his mentor Hank Pym and daughter Hope van Dyne.
The Third Phase
The final phase of the MCU includes eleven movies that wrap up many of the ongoing storylines while also introducing some exciting new characters. Here’s what you can expect to find in this part of the collection:
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – The Avengers are divided when Captain America and Iron Man clash over government oversight of their activities.
- Doctor Strange (2016) – Stephen Strange becomes a sorcerer supreme in this mind-bending adventure that also introduces us to the concept of the multiverse.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) – The Guardians reunite to face off against a powerful new enemy while also discovering the true identity of Star-Lord’s father.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – Peter Parker gets his own solo movie as he navigates high school, superhero responsibilities, and a new villain known as The Vulture.
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Thor teams up with Hulk and new ally Valkyrie to escape from an otherworldly prison and stop his evil sister Hela from destroying Asgard.
- Black Panther (2018) – T’Challa becomes king of Wakanda and faces off against a dangerous enemy known as Killmonger in this groundbreaking movie that celebrates African culture.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – The Avengers team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy to face off against Thanos, who is on a mission to collect all six Infinity Stones and wipe out half of all life in the universe.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) – Scott Lang teams up with Hope van Dyne as they search for her mother, who has been lost in the quantum realm for decades.
- Captain Marvel (2019) – Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel in this origin story that takes place in the 1990s and sets up her role as a key player in Avengers: Endgame.
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – The Avengers travel through time to collect the Infinity Stones and take on Thanos one last time in this epic conclusion to the first three phases of the MCU.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) – Peter Parker goes on vacation to Europe but finds himself drawn into a new adventure when a villain known as Mysterio appears.
The Special Features
In addition to all of these movies, the Marvel Box Set also includes a wealth of special features and exclusive content. This includes behind-the-scenes documentaries, deleted scenes, blooper reels, and more. There’s also a bonus disc that includes even more content, including an exclusive retrospective on the first three phases of the MCU.
The Bottom Line
So there you have it – all 23 movies from the first three phases of the MCU are included in the Marvel Box Set, along with a host of special features and exclusive content. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just getting into the series for the first time, this limited edition set is sure to provide hours of entertainment and excitement.